How to pin Outlook to the taskbar in Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
Outlook can mean a couple of different things these days. There is Microsoft Outlook, the desktop mail client that is part of Microsoft Office, there is also Outlook.com the Microsoft email service. Let’s take them up one at a time.
Outlook – mail client
To pin the Outlook mail client to the taskbar do this:
- Click Start, or press the Windows key on the keyboard.
- Find the Outlook listing – you may need to scroll around a bit.
- Right-click on Outlook
- Click on Pin to taskbar
Outlook.com – the online email service
To pin a link to the Outlook.com site to the taskbar proceed as shown below.
NOTE: This only works if you are using Internet Explorer.
- Open Internet Explorer and go to outlook.com. Sign in.
- Find the little icon in front of the web address. See the illustration here.
- Place the pointer on the little icon. Note the tooltip “Drag to taskbar to pin site”.
- Drag the little icon down to the taskbar and release it on the taskbar.
You can have both the mail client and the online outlook.com site pinned to the taskbar. The icons are very similar. The “white envelope” one is the Outlook client.
© 2015 Ludwig Keck